Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dominicano

are TIMKEN brand good?

8 posts in this topic

I have to get a hub  assembly for my outlander on the rear.  I was looking at oem price and its at 230 from Don herring while timken on rockauto is is 150.  I dont mind paying for OEM but if i can save mula i would like that.  Let me know if you have any experience with them.

We only use timken bearings as our transom bearing (360 degree ball in socket for frame articulation) for the propulsion units (trucks) on our transit rail cars at the DC Metro as well as the tapered roller bearings for the wheel and axle assembly on these trucks. Only brand we use. If they can handle five years of 200+ miles daily on 20 ton rail cars then they can handle anything a 3000 pound road car can throw at them. Apples to oranges, I know, but the point is Timken makes great bearings. I'll vouch for them any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

Make sure it's the full wheel hub and not the bearing itself.  I accidentally bought the wheel bearing only and had to spent an extra hour in the garage getting my rusted hub apart lol!

Make sure it's the full wheel hub and not the bearing itself.  I accidentally bought the wheel bearing only and had to spent an extra hour in the garage getting my rusted hub apart lol!

it is the whole hub, as far as i know mitsu hub are not rebuildable.