Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
94DSMTURBOGALANT

Suspension upgrades, Sagging, HELP!!

6 posts in this topic

My suspension is shot, It sagges when theres a adult in the back, rubbing the back tires, it feels loose and feels like theres a track bar broke in the back. But I have a delema thats keeping me from choosing the right setup, My wife drives the hell out of the G, and she's a "got more to love woman". I don't want to buy 2500 dollars worth of suspension parts and have them start sagging withing 6-12 months from the added load. Ive read MKO"s thread on Non power adding Bolt on parts, And looked at the spring rates and damening rates, but would like to get other oppinions. I allready have the 94 gs sway bar on and the gs rear disk conversion, Just have to get the proportioning valve installed to optimize the brake ballance. I know I need the prothane bushing kit for sure. I am running 215/50/r17's on the car witch are a bit tall I know but they were cheap for 60 bucks and they fill more of the gap. I'm looking to get this car to track whore stats, so I don't mind a rough ride, but tight. Any helpfull sugestions would be great, and pics to.

Idk i have kyb agx's for about a year now an i havent started sagging... I like the ride.. I have them at the stiifest settings and its a very rough ride but i like that..

I dont mind the rough ride, makes it feel more sportier. Just dont want the Extra weight to play an issue down the road. What springs you running skrap?

Are you still on the factory struts/shocks and springs? If so...its probably the reason that you are experiencing sagging issues as the shocks/struts are worn due to age and the factory springs could of lost their strength. Depending on what your plans to track the car and how much you are willing to spend on a new setup will determine what you get. How often are you going to track the car? What are you plans with the car?

I want to be able to get crazy in the "s" turns of my local canyons, and be able to rip around an innocent corner just to see what limit I can take it to. I am planning on making around 300 hp with the gs dohc swap and some tuning. I want a Nice tight, stout ride that will take the extra load and abuse I give it. I was looking at the spring rates of some of the springs in MKO's non power bolt on thread and I'm thinking of the megan racing springs and kyb gr2's. But might get the Agx's. Looking at the rear lower tie bar and the front lower tie bar and the strut bar. Do they make a strut bhar for the back? Looking at the pillowball mounts and the prothane kit. As for Sway bars, I'm looking at the 18mm rear and the 22 mm front.