mysticj

mysticj's 94 Galant GS build

218 posts in this topic

0128131720.jpg
1030121802.jpg
100_2622.jpg
100_2413.jpg

Engine
[x] 4g64 DOHC GS shortblock(spun rod bearing; currectly using a regular G64 block)
[x] Hyundai 4G67 Cylinder Head w/Evo 8 Springs & Retainers
[x] JDM Cyclone IM(modified)[Cracked, currently using 1G IM]
[x] 6G74 65mm TB[Currently using 60mm TB]
[x] 2G Turbo Airbox
[x] DeltaCams Regrind 272/264 cams
[x] Hyundai Black Valve Cover
[x] 1G Eclipse SS header
[x] Resonator Test Pipe
[x] DIY Coil on Plug Setup
[x] B/S(oil pump) Remove
[x] 1998 Sonata composite fuel rail

[ ] 4G69 oil baffle/windage plate

[ ] 8G oil filter housing

Transmission
[x] SS clutch line
[x] Shifter cable bearings
[x] Generic short shifter
[x] 2G GSX equal length shaft w/axle
[ ] OE LSD(FTO, or Evo 3)
[ ] Rebuild F5M31 w/final drive(4.933:1)

Suspension
[x] 2G Eclipse KYB GR2 struts/springs
[x] Avenger 15mm rear sway rear(OE is 12mm)
[x] 8G Rear Upper control arms
[x] JDM 8G VR4 Front upper strut bar
[x] 2G Rear Control Arm Bushings

[x] Custom Rear Lower Chassis Brace

[ ] Tanabe Front Lower Chassis Brace

Brakes
[x] Two pistons Front calipers
[x] 00-04 Volvo S40 front rotors
[x] Ceramic pads
[X] Custom hard line plus Mighty Max rubber hoses

ECU/Tuning
[x] Non Eprom RVR ECU
[x] MAS 501
[x] 93-95 2JZ-GE 315cc injectors

Exterior
[ ] Worldspec Front Bumper w/Lip
or 7G-B front bumper w/DC2 Integra Type R Lip
[x] 2001-2004 Sonata 16" Rims w/ P205/55R16 Tires

Interior/Weight Reduction
[x] No radio/CD player
[x] No Dash/Door & rear Speakers

[x] No Airbag System
[x] AC system remove
[x] Cruise Control system remove plus ECU
[x] U1 275cc Battery
[x] Power Steering system remove w/variable assist ecu
[x] Trunk Carpet remove
[x] Rear Folding Seat remove
[x] Headliner remove
[x] 2003 Celica front seats

Trom likes this

Glad you could repost the build thread. What color did you use to paint the intake? Is it gunmetal, or something else? Looks really good though

Glad you could repost the build thread. What color did you use to paint the intake? Is it gunmetal, or something else? Looks really good though

A can of Dupli-Color: Cast Iron Coat

Moar pics

1215101514.jpg

1215101514a.jpg

1215101514b.jpg

I'll probably order the cams this week and probably install the Cyclone IM this weekend. It comes to my attention that some the suspension bushings are worn out and will need replacement after installing the cams in Feb.

Bored yesterday, so decide to install a 2G turbo air box

Here is the stock...just rubbish.

c3.JPG

Here is the 2G air box with a K&N air filter.  I need to make a mount or bracket for the air box to keep it stationary.

o2.JPG

Need to "reorganize" the engine bay when I install the Cyclone IM

New_Image.JPG

i1.JPG

I got good news and bad news:

Good news-cams arrive today

The Bad-they sent me the wrong exhaust cam.

Now I have to send back the exhaust cam.

0112111614a(1).JPG

Ah! the Superstreet Castrol Syntech Topshop challange engine! I haven't seen a pic of this engine in ages

based on the number of bends with these headers, they are probably race type long tubes, these are compact and the primaries are likely nearly equal length, anyway, on top of being compact, these headers will provide a very nice bump to power and throttle response

Try reading some reviews of the fidanza 3.2

Still sprung for smooth engagement, bulletproof kevlar lasts forever and is less harsh compared to mettalic clutches,  and since its a 4 puck it greatly reduces the mass on the input shaft, which translates to being allowed to shift much quicker, and less shock on the trans.

I love commas.

I have a 3.2

But i've been lazy and haven't put it in yet.  lol Last year was rough.  I did so much maintenance and parts replacing, that I didn't have the drive or desire to pick up a wrench and install the good stuff.

I'm totally stoked to see your build come to realization.

Is the rvr ecu anything like the 1g?  You could always run ds-map/Jackal.  Native speed density, and load based tuning.  Plus its free.  I like it.

I'm totally stoked to see your build come to realization.

Is the rvr ecu anything like the 1g?  You could always run ds-map/Jackal.  Native speed density, and load based tuning.  Plus its free.  I like it.

No, the RVR is more like the Evo 1-3 ECU. Planning on using the MAFT Pro for SD unless they are finish recoding the Evo 1-3 rom for SD.

Ah! the Superstreet Castrol Syntech Topshop challange engine! I haven't seen a pic of this engine in ages

based on the number of bends with these headers, they are probably race type long tubes, these are compact and the primaries are likely nearly equal length, anyway, on top of being compact, these headers will provide a very nice bump to power and throttle response

It's Bisimoto F22Ax/H23 V1 header...Accords and Preludes had been using DSM exhaust manifold for years for their DIY turbo builds. Ports are the same shape, port spacing are the same, even the bolt patterns are the same. They just enlarge/enlonged the bolt holes on the DSM manifold to fit their F22A/H23.

In the middle of swapping intake manifold. Exhaust cam came in about a week ago. Need to get the revised lifters and other stuff to complete the cam swap. Working on a top secret header idea...Post pictures later.

0126111519.jpg

0126111522.jpg

Make a blockoff plate for the Idle Air Control

0202111729a.jpg

Out goes the 1G TB/IM

0203110911.jpg

0203110912.jpg

Side by side comparison

0203111538.jpg

Got it mounted and later on, I remove the cruise control components

0205111558.jpg

Temporary bracket for the throttle cable

0206111449.jpg

Rewire TPS harness and extend 1G CAS harness

0206111633.jpg

Yes it cluster but it started up but died. Bypass screw was tighten down so open it up and restart. Idles okay. No surge, no stalling. Have not drove it yet but RPM soars when WOT. Tuck some wires to give it a cleaner look, will post pics of that tomorrow along with a possible vid.

Just need to permanently mount the airbox, reposition the throttle cable by 1/4", either extend the wiring for the coilpacks or wire in some GM twin tower coilpacks, and reroute the PCV system with a catch can setup.

100_0388A.JPG

100_0389A.JPG

100_0390A.JPG

100_0391A.JPG

Love the throttle response...Hate that I mess up the paint on the manifold. Will try to shoot a vid tomorrow.

shit...needs a cat and header replacement(working on it). Also need to collect the rest of the cam swap items: lifters, valve cover kit, cam seals, etc.

LOL...tell me about it. I guess I'll just bleed the stock lifters instead of buying new ones. Brought valve cover gasket kit, cam seals, & water pump. Started tearing it down, so what left is set the piston @ TDC, remove the crank pulley & lower timing cover. Will do that in the morning prior to work. Also need to tap the Hyundai VC for the brass fitting for the PCV valve.