mysticj

mysticj's 94 Galant GS build

218 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎57‎:‎20‎, MrGalantguy said:

Jamie nice to see that you are still making some progress on the GS. 

Advantages of the 4G69 baffle plate?

So far, it covers the entire crank instead of the just the sump section of the oil pan. I just need to drill & tap two additional holes at the rear of the main girdle.

Yea I need to replace the exhaust manifold, I been using the turbo manifold so long because the aftermarket for NA 4G6x is virtually nonexistence, plus I have shifted my overall focus on the vehicle as well. Looks like I will be using 2" to 2.25" collector with a taper v-band(2.25" to 2.5" ID). 

headers_zpsxzd4k2pz.jpg

Fed vs Cali. Just awful. 

DSC05043_zpsvhnuewph.jpg

Fed vs Fed 2g Spyder...an ok upgrade

2016-02-18_12.23.17_zpsdoagvjcx.png

20160219_132525_zpsiymukjic.jpg     

20160219_132543_zpsrauneexi.jpg

Fed 8G on a 7G...going to need a custom downpipe.

Parts for the modified Outlander header is arriving soon, had a parasitic draw and found that the ISC is being stuck open. So after digging around to get another ISC and have the same issue. A hutch told me to check the extended ECU harness so I remove it, reconnect the ECU, jump start the car and fire right up and idling normal. Now I have a dead battery so I will either try to bring it back from the dead or purchase a new lawn mow battery:P

MrGalantguy likes this

Pick up a VRX steering wheel, just needs the airbag unit.
20160609_190946_zpsweiknbo0.jpg
20160610_183901_zpswcoybjly.jpg

Also pick up a 03 ECM and made a conversion harness.
20160710_202221_zpsyehnepuh.jpg

MrGalantguy likes this

Got the header on and had a mid section pipe made for it. I need to upload the pictures and probably get a sound clip of it. Also redone my ignition harness. Found the source of why my idle control intermittently acts up and replace the engine coolant temp sensor. Still have the misfire between 3kto 4k. Probably an injector not spraying right or TPS.

MrGalantguy likes this

Well hook up Evoscan and found my idle switch is on, constant. So I disconnect the idle switch, still show being on. I decide to unpin the terminal for idle on the ECU side and still show idle is currently on. Pretty much waiting to flash ECU since the current one may have an internal issue.

MrGalantguy likes this

So...I got a reflash cable and AEM UEGO last month and the last few days I was having issues with the cable until I finally found the correct drivers for it. Read the ECU, save a copy of the ROM, delete the immobilizer and a few other things along the way. Voila! She starts. I need to finish connecting the fans and install the wideband.

MrGalantguy likes this

Well, the ECU turns out to be bad as the ignition coil of cylinder 1/4 is being constantly grounded. Luckily  I found another 3G ECU and reflash it, Smooth startup. Still read up on how to tune as most of this ECUflash stuff gears up towards Evos.

MrGalantguy likes this

No real update, been driving the car every once in awhile, feels good but I need to fix an exhaust leak near the WO2 as it affecting my AFR. 2018 maybe my last year with the car, looking into finding a decent 09 Galant V6 Sport or a 3G. I have a bare block 6G75 wrapped in the garage as well as a 6G75 IM/fuel rail. Planning on destroking it with a 74 crank and run some Ralliart Magna spec cams.