Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beam514

Need Verification: 99 A/T -> 00 A/T

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, someone is looking at buying my old A/T transmission because he bought the wrong year for his Eclipse, and it was giving him problems. He's in the middle of a 3.5L swap and his old tranny died on him. I think it was an 03 or something so it was throwing a bunch of transmission codes and would barely be able to move. We're pretty sure it's not the engine, and he tried replacing the ECU but so far that hasn't worked.

Anyway, long story short, I need to know if my 99 Galant tranny will be able to work in his 00 Eclipse without throwing codes. When did they start charging all of the electrical side of the transmission?

the 99-00 SHOULD be the same, i know 01+ are different (thats why they throw the CEL light)

i remember a while back Stewi sold a member his 99 Auto, it was going into an 01, and it stayed in limp mode..

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what is happening with this guy's car. 03 tranny in an 00 car, so it went into limp mode. They tried switching ECU's which made it even worse (car wouldn't start).

I've been telling him the info above, but  he wants some SOLID verification since he doesn't want to waste money on it. I could always just take it to him and have him try it out (since it's junk to me anyway) but getting it to his house is no easy feat. Damn heavy bitch lol

99-00 are identical for the Galant, however the 2000+ Eclipse has input and output speed sensors such as what the 01-03 Galants have.

They have sport shifting??

car-part.com lists that for a 2000 Galant the 2001 transmissions can be used. Do you just ignore one of the sensors?

ohh I know that. This is just a normal Eclipse.

I had thought all 3g eclipses had sportronic shifting. 

Everytime I'm at the yard, every eclipse that is auto has the + and - next to the drive.  I have never saw a full auto 3g eclipse without the + and - (sport shift) on it.

Could be none of come through the yard since I started going, but I find that unlikely.